What exactly is C E Ferulic?
C E Ferulic is our bestselling Vitamin C antioxidant serum. Below we will break down what this entails.
• Vitamin C – Also known as L-Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C is a skincare ingredient that not only improves visible signs of ageing, such as dark spots and fine lines, but brightens and brings a more luminous appearance to the complexion. Vitamin C isn’t naturally produced by the body, so along with incorporating it through eating specific foods, you can reap its benefits by applying it topically - directly onto the skin.
• Antioxidant – Antioxidants, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid, are molecules that neutralise free radicals, which are unstable atoms that can harm your cells on the upper layer of the skin. This means antioxidants can help protect the skin against excessive oxidative stress and environmental aggressors, such as UV and pollution, which can contribute to visible signs of skin ageing. Therefore, the best time to apply a Vitamin C serum is in the morning due to the environmental protection it provides the skin as you go about your day, when UV radiation is at its highest.
• Serum – When it comes to introducing Vitamin C into your routine, a serum is a great place to start. This is because serums have low molecular weights that absorb quickly into the skin while delivering active ingredients – such as Vitamin C – into the epidermis.
The benefits of our C E Ferulic formulation
• Patented formulation – Published in many peer-reviewed scientific journals, C E Ferulic is formulated under the Duke Antioxidant patent, which describes effective absorption and efficacy within the skin. The specific parameters are detailed below:
1. A PURE FORM OF VITAMIN C (SKINCEUTICALS USE L-ASCORBIC ACID)
2. IN HIGH CONCENTRATION BETWEEN 10-20%
3. AT A LOW PH (< 3.5)
• Triple antioxidant protection – As well as containing a high concentration (15%) of pure Vitamin C, C E Ferulic also contains Vitamin E (1%) and Ferulic Acid (0.5%) for their powerful synergistic effects. This gives triple antioxidant protection for up to 48% less oxidative damage in the skin** from free radicals caused by the interaction of UV, pollution and metal**.
• Improves signs of ageing – Clinically proven to improve 8 signs of ageing.
• 72 hour effectiveness – Once absorbed, this Vitamin C serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours.
• Suitable for various skin types – Suitable for normal and dry skin types.
• Suitable for use post-laser – Tested suitable for use post-laser treatment and clinically proven to reduce downtime post-procedure. Always consult with a physician for individual post-procedure care.
• Paraben-free – Parabens are chemicals often used as preservatives in cosmetic products.
• Tested for effectiveness – Tested in final packaging and have been confirmed to remain stable and effective for 36 months, and up to 6 months after opening. Pure Vitamin C is known to change colour with time, however oxidation is minimal in SkinCeuticals antioxidants and the formulation is proven to remain effective.
Why do experts recommend C E Ferulic?
Combining clinical procedures with advanced homecare is a technique favoured by Dr. Orla Grimes, a highly regarded specialist in Aesthetic Medicine:
“In my opinion, C E Ferulic is the star of antioxidant formulation. A synergistic combination of Vitamin C, E and Ferulic acid in a serum which is proven to provide the skin with up to 8 times its own natural photo protection. My clients quickly notice a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and an improvement in texture, radiance and tone, ensuring it remains ever popular.”
Along with Aesthetic Doctor, Dr Ana Mansouri:
"It really is the triple combination of antioxidants that makes [C E Ferulic] stand out as this means it provides up to an 8-fold amplification in free radical protection. I like to think of it essentially as an anti-ageing serum with superpowers.”
Vitamin C is one of the wonder ingredients that’s regularly mentioned by dermatologists and skincare experts, loved for the powerful brightening effect it has on the skin. If your current routine isn’t quite returning the results you want, our bestselling C E Ferulic could be just the addition your complexion needs.
*Based on sell-out value and volume, YTD 2023
**Measure of 4 hydroxynonenal (4HNE) lipid peroxidation marker indicative of oxidative stress. 4-day in vivo clinical study, 13 subjects. C E Ferulic applied daily vs untreated. Skin samples collected for 4HNE protein analysis at the end of study.