We believe in the power to become, pushing the limits of science to prevent damage, correct signs of aging, and protect healthy skin. This philosophy that drives our skin-transforming innovations also drives our sustainability efforts.
Through research, innovation, progress, and transformation, we hope to contribute to a more resilient and sustainable world.
Our improvements will not be without challenge, but our commitment to improving sustainable practices is steadfast.
Our Sustainability Pillars
Prevent waste and improve
the Sustainability profile of our products
our environmental footprint through innovation
our medical communities
Recent Updates + Commitments
The majority of SkinCeuticals packaging is made of glass, which features an ideal composition for formula stability.
By the end of 2021, our serum bottles will feature:
- 40% recycled glass in our amber serum bottles
- 25% recycled glass in our clear serum bottles
- 100 tons of virgin glass consumption will be avoided per year by using recycled glass (based off 2020 volume)
SkinCeuticals commits to improving the sustainability profile of our formulas and aims to use the following principles when formulating:
- Reducing our water footprint
- Sourcing more renewable ingredients
- Increasing biodegradability (of rinse-off formulas)
- Leveraging green chemistry as much as possible
SkinCeuticals is on a continuous quest to optimise and innovate our packaging to allow for more sustainable product life cycles and greater use of post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials.
By 2025, 50% of our packaging materials will be from recycled or bio-based material.
In 2020, virgin plastic made up 19% of our total packaging material consumption. We have introduced PCR material in the plastic packaging used for the following SkinCeuticals products:
- Brightening UV Defense SPF 30 - tube made of 45% recycled plastic, excluding cap
- Ultra Facial UV Defense SPF 50 - tube made of 45% recycled plastic, excluding cap
- Oil Shield UV Defense SPF 50 - tube made of 45% recycled plastic, excluding cap
- Advanced Brightening UV Defense SPF 50 - tube made of 35% recycled plastic, excluding cap
- We will continue updating more of our plastic packaging to help reduce our use of virgin plastic.
All SkinCeuticals cartons are made with FSC® certified cardboard. By using a FSC® certified cardboard, SkinCeuticals supports forest management that respects people and nature.
CORRECT AND REDUCE
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT
In line with our dedication to healthy looking skin, we also seek to contribute to a healthier environment. We hope to offset, neutralise and transform greenhouse gas emissions into innovative solutions, for example, packaging.
Improving supply chain
To improve and optimise out supply chain models, we have placed strategic emphasis on increasing the production of key products locally across 3 continents (North America, South America, and Europe) to help reduce environmental impacts from international freighting.